Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Good & The Kind of Ugly...

The Good...

They are framing in my vaulted entryway!  I cannot wait for this...it's going to look so stunning when you walk in...and we all know the entryway was my numero uno requirement for the new house...not only are you not going to walk right into a room, you are going to walk into the entryway of all entryways!
The entryway was so important to me that they actually had to move our entire furnace AND reroute 2 gas lines in order to vault the ceiling.  I'm a bit looney bins about the entryway, no?

They are working on plumbing in the master bathroom...

They have trenched the footprint of my new master bedroom and bathroom- all ready for pouring footings for the new slab!

They framed out the openings for my two new 6' doubt French doors leading from the great room to the kick-ass California room!

The Kind of Ugly...

We keep having issues in our kitchen.  Our kitchen is not large so spacial planning is especially important in there.  They keep framing out the wall for the ovens/appliance garage/refrigerator incorrectly!  They are now on the THIRD re-frame of the wall behind the ovens/appliance garage, and the SECOND re-frame of the wall next to the fridge.  Grrrrr.  I'm trying not to let it get to me because framing isn't a huge deal (although it does also involve moving electrical, etc.), but I always just think that every little mistake is costing me even more money!  Deep breaths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment