Saturday, August 10, 2013

Kids' Bathroom

Even though it's Saturday, we did make some progress today.  I met with our contractor and his custom cabinet guy at the house.  His cabinet guy is AMAZING.  Like, amazing to the point that I'm not sure we're going to be able to afford his cabinets!  He had photos of basically exactly what I want, and he "got" everything I said to him.  He even brought one of his 8 year old cabinet doors to show me the excellent quality of the paint.  I'm a little nervous for the quote!

I realized that I don't have any "before" photos of the kids' bathroom, but this is what the tub/toilet part looks like right now!

Just picture probably the ugliest textured pink-ish/orange-ish square tiles you've ever seen being up around the tub for the "before" photo.  All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to clean that up!

Their bathroom is two small rooms...one with the tub and toilet and one with the vanity and linen closet.  Here is the current vanity (oh there is the the tile that was in the shower- it looks worse in person)...

Of course I'm having cabinetry dilemmas again.  I thought I would just go with that local in-stock cabinet place and get this vanity with shaker doors:

The problem (aside from the fact that we'd have to get it painted ourselves) is that the bathroom has the most adorable old school built-in across from the vanity...

Isn't that super cute?!  I love all the little touches like that in older homes.  I really don't want to lose the feel of those built-ins, and the only option at the cabinet place is to get three of these basic linen closets...

Which are fine but definitely don't have the character of the original.  So we decided to see if our cabinet guy can build something similar and keep the integrity of the original built-in with new doors.  Of course, I couldn't resist showing him the photo of that vanity I posted a while ago that I would LOVE to have in their bathroom...

And now he's designing it to look like that!  I should not have even showed him the photo since I know that will cost more, but I just love it so much.  Think inexpensive thoughts for me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment